Find the answer to your Linux question:
A couple days ago, I got the usual popup from Update Manager telling my that there were updates available. So I allowed it to update. Coincindentally, on my Windows 7 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

What killed BURG??

A couple days ago, I got the usual popup from Update Manager telling my that there were updates available. So I allowed it to update. Coincindentally, on my Windows 7 side, it too ran some updates. Now, I no longer have a work Burg but have GRUB instead.

I have tried to update BURG (says I have the latest) tried to reinstall...nothing. So BURG is still installed, but I dunno what to do to get it working again. Any suggestions?

I am running Ubuntu 12.04, dual booting with Windows7.

THANKS@
    Registered Linux user #439800.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by KaIIen View Post
    A couple days ago, I got the usual popup from Update Manager telling my that there were updates available. So I allowed it to update. Coincindentally, on my Windows 7 side, it too ran some updates. Now, I no longer have a work Burg but have GRUB instead.

I have tried to update BURG (says I have the latest) tried to reinstall...nothing. So BURG is still installed, but I dunno what to do to get it working again. Any suggestions?

I am running Ubuntu 12.04, dual booting with Windows7.

THANKS@
    What is your problem ? Is GRUB working, allowing you to boot either windows or Linux ? Think about that : "Better is a foe for good"

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDangeax View Post
    What is your problem ? Is GRUB working, allowing you to boot either windows or Linux ? Think about that : "Better is a foe for good"
    Well, the problem is that after the last update, BURG has since failed to operate properly. I prefer BURG to GRUB....so I'd like to fix the problem.
    Registered Linux user #439800.

Linux Guru
    If you did a kernel update it may have also updated the bootloader. You haven't given any detail on what the updates were. I've never used burg since it is just a modification of Grub but you could go to the site below which has some information on using it with Ubuntu:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Burg

The site below also has some info:
    How to install Burg boot loader in Ubuntu 12.04, 12.10 Quantal Quetzal and LinuxMint13