Find the answer to your Linux question:
so I think I made a screw up and for some reason what I am trying to do isn't working..... I've been trying to play around with XMPP (Jabber) in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

jabberd2 XMPP conf files

so I think I made a screw up and for some reason what I am trying to do isn't working..... I've been trying to play around with XMPP (Jabber) in Ubuntu server 12.10. Today I just remove the package and when I reinstalled it I realized that the config where still there. so I ran the following command
    Code:
    rm -R /etc/jabberd2/
    to get rid of the configs. Then I remove the package and its dependencies. after running another
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install jabberd2
    I noticed that the config where no longer there ... does any body know where I could get the config back? or perhaps tell ubuntu to download the configs as its exporting the packages like it did the first time?

thanks for your help in advance

PS: I've been using this doc -> https://help.ubuntu.com/12.10/server...d2-server.html

I also tried jabberd but could not find much info about that could help me. But I recommend Openfire, I got it running in no time.

Ignite Realtime: Openfire Server

Good luck

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by arespi View Post
    I also tried jabberd but could not find much info about that could help me. But I recommend Openfire, I got it running in no time.

Ignite Realtime: Openfire Server

Good luck
    thanks for the info, I'll give it a shot. In the meantime here was my solution since I couldn't find it anywhere else.

download a new iso of ubuntu, boot it up on a VM, and then install jabberd2. Grab /etc/jabberd2/ folder and then migrate all of those config to my actual server.