Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm discovering that a lot of the Ubuntu based distros get everything wrong, especially for newbies. Except Linux Mint, and maybe Zorin OS No flash, no volume icon, no software ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How easy is it to customize Ubuntu and let others download it?

I'm discovering that a lot of the Ubuntu based distros get everything wrong, especially for newbies. Except Linux Mint, and maybe Zorin OS

No flash, no volume icon, no software center, wireless doesn't work, no driver support, no codecs for videos, and some other stuff I forget right now.

Now I know professionals don't care about all this and just do it themselves, but this really annoys me. So I'd like to customize Linux Mint (to make it my own, sorta) and let newbies download it. How can I do that? And sorry for the whining

Oh and my favorite desktop is Openbox and I'd be using that

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Not hard - not easy. You need to spend some time in learning how to re-package a distribution. Example: Mint is a redistribution of Ubuntu. Ubuntu is a redistribution of Debian. CentOS is a redistribution of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, as is Scientific Linux. So, I would suggest that you study how Mint re-packages Ubuntu and use that as a model for what you need to do.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!