Find the answer to your Linux question:
Yes, the new version of Linux, recently i downloaded it and for sure I am having dozen of problems with it. Besides being not able to run simple apps in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thumbs down Problems with Linux 12.10

Yes, the new version of Linux, recently i downloaded it and for sure I am having dozen of problems with it. Besides being not able to run simple apps in terminal I have problems with the Ubuntu Software Centre.
    When I open the Ubuntu Software Centre I get this notice 2qxavyv.jpg and I continue to fix it. Normally it asks for Authentication33pbtz4.jpg and then it starts normally to download and apply changes 2zhdwfk.jpg and after that, shortly after that i get this 3507yw4.jpg and seconds after the first posted picture over the last one, I am not even able to press the 'OK' button. 2nw3d07.jpg and this goes over and over again without fixing.
    Besides this as I said before I have problems with the terminal, whenever I open it - it closes itself immediately or after a while without installing the app I need to or without finishing the thing started.
    All of this problems started since I installed the new version of Ubuntu - 12.10, and before that I was using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and there were no of these problems I talked about a while ago. In addition to this I would also say that it goes very slow, but I won't talk about that as problem because I was warned even before I installed it that it is a ''bit'' slower.
    I hope that you have answers and solutions for my questions and problems,
    thank you from the beginning,
    Emma.

Did you check the md5sums of the download? It could have become corrupt and that might be you whole problem.
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...ll-cd-dvd.html
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    The download showed in my update manager, I updated it from there ... Everything was going fine, I restarted at the end as it asked ...

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaArashi View Post
    The download showed in my update manager, I updated it from there ... Everything was going fine, I restarted at the end as it asked ...

Oh!
    You did an in-place upgrade and now everything has gone to hell in a handbasket? If this is the case, it might be best for you to do a fresh install. I never do an upgrade, there is just too much stuff that can go wrong. Do you get an error message when you run items from the terminal window? Can you post those messages?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Oh!
    You did an in-place upgrade and now everything has gone to hell in a handbasket? If this is the case, it might be best for you to do a fresh install. I never do an upgrade, there is just too much stuff that can go wrong. Do you get an error message when you run items from the terminal window? Can you post those messages?
    Since I use Linux from October last year I always use the update manager and I had no problem. Yes I plan to do a fresh install these days, when I have more free time. I don't get error message when I run items from the terminal window, in fact I get nothing and the terminal closes itself. There are no messages in the terminal window or like some note. Some notes and messages were only in the Ubuntu Software Centre and I showed them in the first post of this thread.

Linux Guru
    What do you see when you click on "Details" when you get the message "Package Operation Failed"? Were you able to take any steps toward repairing the Package Catalog or does it not do anything? This seems to be a fairly common problem with Ubuntu. I saw a number of sites over the past year so if you do a web search, you may find something or go to the Ubuntu forums. I don't use Ubuntu so don't have any specific knowledge.