Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I hope you guys can solve this. I have installed both of these video thumbnailers but they give error. The 2.1 just flashes the logo for a few seconds ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Thumbnailme 2.1 or 3.0 - help !!

Hello,

I hope you guys can solve this.

I have installed both of these video thumbnailers but they give error. The 2.1 just flashes the logo for a few seconds and the 3.0 version says i need fonts installed.

However, when fonts are installed , there are no fonts for the time stamps as these are in the default folder......but i can`t see any default time stamp folder.

I am on kubuntu hardy 8.04.

Thanks.

While I'm not familiar with the programs you mention, I would suggest you upgrade to the current kubuntu, 12.04. 8.04 is quite old and no longer supported. Thumbnailme may just not be supported by 8.04.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by robt23 View Post
    I have installed both of these video thumbnailers but they give error. The 2.1 just flashes the logo for a few seconds and the 3.0 version says i need fonts installed.

However, when fonts are installed , there are no fonts for the time stamps as these are in the default folder......but i can`t see any default time stamp folder.

I am on kubuntu hardy 8.04.
    The app requires libQt4, do you have that installed? It works fine for me on Ubuntu 12.10.
    there are no fonts for the time stamps as these are in the default folder......but i can`t see any default time stamp folder
    I don't understand what you mean here. What is the "default folder"?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    The app requires libQt4, do you have that installed? It works fine for me on Ubuntu 12.10.

I don't understand what you mean here. What is the "default folder"?
    Thanks for the bit about needing LibQt4 and a for the "default folder"; The time stamps ( prints the time in each frame of a video sequence ) has it`s own fonts which can not be altered.

Upgrading to 12.04 proves very complicated due to the fact i would need to install an NVidia Graphics Card, which i have. I have tried many times but in vain and my health is not good . I can not spend hours trying to install this.

Thanks for the feedback .