Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, This morning , in fact for a few days now my mouse has been trying to go it`s own way. In some cases the keyboard is unresponsive. I usually ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Desktop Icons Triple their size !! How do you get back to normal ?

Hi,

This morning , in fact for a few days now my mouse has been trying to go it`s own way. In some cases the keyboard is unresponsive.

I usually take the battery out and re-insert . That fixes the problem, but not today.

I was fed up of continuously inserting and re-inserting the battery ( on my DiNovo mini ).

I switched it off and on. The OS re-booted ,but the desktop task bars ( top and bottom ) , were blue ; They were yellow before.

However, the really annoying part was that the desktop icons had tripled in size. This together with other files had made the screen a complete mess.

I can not make out what is what due to a collage of icons overlapping each other.

My question is :

How can I get the icons back to there default settings ?

Thanks.

What distro and desktop environment are you running?

Linux Newbie
    I am on Kubuntu Hardy 8.04.

I managed a sort of patch up : System Settings > appearance > icons > advanced > changed the icon size to 32 it was 48 , but seemed larger.

Icons are at least the way they were. However, some icons were a little below the tasklbar , so I right-click and select ( align icons vertically ) . In that spit second they were being aligned vertically, but all of a sudden they were aligned horizontally.

A 4 cm space comes between my last line of icons and the taskbar.

When I go and save to desktop , the file get super imposed onto another file.

The bit about the tool and taskbars changing color. I haven`t hit on anything concrete. Haven`t hit on anything at all to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by robt23 View Post
    The bit about the tool and taskbars changing color. I haven`t hit on anything concrete. Haven`t hit on anything at all to be honest.
    Try going into System Settings and changing the theme, then setting the theme back to what it was (or what you want it to be).

Linux Newbie
    It worked , kind of, but I need to tweak it. I jut can`t get the bar colors the way they were.

Thanks for your help though.