Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone new here at this forum and with Ubuntu and i am liking it. Question that i have is i started making a NAS device and i am using ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ubuntu Server - File Share issue

Hello everyone new here at this forum and with Ubuntu and i am liking it. Question that i have is i started making a NAS device and i am using Ubuntu server the latest version. I installed Samba etc. When i am on my windows machine i can see the folder but when i double click it, asks for username and password i tried the username i would use to log into my server etc. Not working. Is there a place where i can see what the user name is and password that is setup? I must be missing something. Thanks!

Just Joined!
    Now i changed my windows computer name now i can not see my NAS device. Changed it back still nothing. All IP Addresses are the same with the static IP.

Just Joined!
    ok scratch that i got it to show up on my network now. But when i click on the folder it still asks for username and password and also the domain says my computer name. I am not on a domain i am just on my network. anyone have any idea how i can fix this?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    got it. i had to go into samba user create new password i was using existing password under the username that i created for the folder.