Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by devianpctek Maybe you're missing some plugin, I'm running facebook without problems on Iceweasel and Chromium I used to surf with Firefox since it was Netscape in the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by devianpctek View Post
    Maybe you're missing some plugin, I'm running facebook without problems on Iceweasel and Chromium
    I used to surf with Firefox since it was Netscape in the ninety's. But then, Firefox went crap with continuous errors on recaptcha dialog boxes, and a poor adobe flash support. So I went to Google Chrome. Sorry Mozilla guys, but I have to say you're messing around with my nerves. About your problem, have a look at changing your user agent, and for the sake of Internet DO COMPLAIN on the boss.
    I did it once. It was with "pneu bis", a French tyre retail. Their online site was crappy with Firefox. I looked for the CEO's name on "societe.com", and I wrote a letter with the market share of web browsers, and I said it was stupid to get cut of more than half percent of their future customers because of webmaster's ignorance. I don't know wether the webmaster was fired or sent to broom department, and I don't care, but now the website runs perfectly whatever browser you use.

yeah i actually prefer chrome over firefox. It works a lot smoother on my desktop which is an older one....which is also the reason i prefer linux as it works better on older computers like mine, and I use it on my netbook.

whelp i think i figured out the issue. All i need to do is update the java plugin..which means I have to hit the books again and study up on how to do things. im pretty much a linux newb..but i've managed to figure out how to do some fairly complicated things like install a external sound card and such...

Linux Engineer
    Maintaining a current java version can be a pain.

Generally speaking, you can download the binaries directly from Oracle, and untar to your preferred location, and use update-alternatives:
    Ubuntu Manpage: update-alternatives - maintain symbolic links determining default

Or, if you just want to use the newer version of Java for your web browser, just recreate the symlink in the plugins folder utilizing the new java directory.

Quote Originally Posted by mizzle View Post
    Maintaining a current java version can be a pain.

Generally speaking, you can download the binaries directly from Oracle, and untar to your preferred location, and use update-alternatives:
    Ubuntu Manpage: update-alternatives - maintain symbolic links determining default

Or, if you just want to use the newer version of Java for your web browser, just recreate the symlink in the plugins folder utilizing the new java directory.
    yeah ive managed to get this far without having to manually install software lol. gonna have to learn i guess if i want to keep linux on my computer though...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2