Find the answer to your Linux question:
EDIT: Additional question; I've heard of things called "virtual machines" that can act sort of like virtual OSs inside of your current system, except that they don't require you to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lubuntu dual boot, remove Windows

EDIT: Additional question; I've heard of things called "virtual machines" that can act sort of like virtual OSs inside of your current system, except that they don't require you to download that particular OS on your computer. Would it be possible, once I've removed Windows, to set up a Windows virtual machine and run programs through it like I would with Windows, kind of like what I do with Wine (But with hopefully less errors)?

SECOND EDIT: Alright, so I've removed my Windows XP partition with OS-Uninstaller. Now, I need to add that space somehow to my Linux partition. Help, please.
    Last edited by CaptainThunderwolf; 12-16-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Trusted Penguin
    Hey,

Yeah, you can set up Windows XP (etc.) as a Virtual Machine (or "guest") inside your host Linux machine. You just need the original Windows installation media.

For reclaiming space, show us what you're working with, disk-wise:

Code:
    # show currently mounted devices
    df
    Code:
    # show what gets mounted autoatically
    cat /etc/fstab
    Code:
    # show connected hard drives, and their partition tables
    sudo fdisk -l
    btw, you don't need OS-Uninstaller to remove Windows. If you want to reclaim space, you just need to fdisk (or gparted, etc.) the partition table, and the reformat with Linux filesystem tools. If you are using it to shred data, you can do that w/Linux tools, too (shred, dd, etc.).