Find the answer to your Linux question:
After I installed Xubuntu on my nx6310, I ran the update manager, then in synaptic I reloaded packages & ran all updates. Yet I still only find older versions of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Upadting packages in Xubuntu 12.04

After I installed Xubuntu on my nx6310, I ran the update manager, then in synaptic I reloaded packages & ran all updates. Yet I still only find older versions of most applications. For examples: Gimp 2.6, Kdenlive 0.8.2, Audacity 2.0.0 How do I get the repos to update wtih the same package versions that are available in Ubuntu 12.04 & 12.10, both of which have more recent packages? Yes, I am aware that I can manually update all of my packages one by one via ppa's, but I have 69 applications that I would have to first check for latest versions of & then add them through their ppa. This would take FOREVER! So that obviously is not the desired option!

UPDATE: After further research, I have found that I was mistaken about the offered versions of software in 12.04. It turns out the packages are the 12.04 offerings. My bad
    Last edited by linuxpcplus; 12-18-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: SOLVED