Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi every one... when I enter the following command: arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc test.c -o test I received this error: /home/mosol2005/arm-2009q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot open output file test: Permission denied collect2: ld returned 1 exit ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc????

hi every one...
    when I enter the following command:
    arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc test.c -o test
    I received this error:
    /home/mosol2005/arm-2009q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot open output file test: Permission denied
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

and when I used :
    sudo arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc test.c -o test

I received the following error:
    arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: command not found

the out put of "file" command is:
    arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: ERROR: cannot open `arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc' (No such file or directory)

please help me.what must I do??

Trusted Penguin
    Hi,

I am guessing your permission denied error is b/c you are writing to a dir to which you do not have write access.

Your 2nd error (command not found) is b/c the arm gcc binary is not in root's path (sudo turns you into root temporarily).

as a fix to the former error, you could try writing the output file to a dir you know you have write permissions to.

as a temporary fix to the latter, you could try calling the absolute path to the arm gcc binary, in your regular user's homedir - but is will probably need the other support files and not know where to find them.

however, if you do not need the specific version of the compiler that you have installed to your home dir, what i would do is install the arm gcc package available in the distro sources, e.g.:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gueabi
    then log out and log back in and test that it is there, e.g.:
    Code:
    arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc --version