Find the answer to your Linux question:
I really hate Ubuntu 12.10 and I want to go back to an earlier version. I have booted the machine on an Ubuntu bootable cd, should I just erase the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need help uninstalling 12.10

I really hate Ubuntu 12.10 and I want to go back to an earlier version.

I have booted the machine on an Ubuntu bootable cd, should I just erase the linux directories or is there another way to uninstall 12.10

It really sucks, almost unusable.

I want to go back to 11.10

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome!

The installer on whichever distro you want to install now should allow for formatting and using the old partitions for the new install unless you want it to do otherwise. There's no real need to remove the previous installation. In other words, the new install should replace the old one.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Thanks

I will install 10.x, it is 11.1 I have on the machine. I just want the old easy interface back so I do not have to fight with my computer.

Just Joined!
    If you don't like the new Unity GUI, you don't have to install an old distro. Just install the old gnome interface.
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install gnome-session-fallback

Log out, click the little symbol next to your name on the log in screen and choose gnome.

I personally can't STAND Unity. It's horrible. I can't find anything, so I went back to the good old-fashioned desktop look. It's a (curse word)ing laptop, not a tablet , god(another curse word) it!

I agree with aomimezura ! Instead of installing old version of Ubuntu, you should install old DE only. Even I don't like Unity and using good old Gnome interface in Ubuntu.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the help, now enjoying the old interface.

My linux machine is an old 2.2 ghz AMD, the change in GUi has cut out a lot of lag.