Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just installed Lubuntu 12.10 on my IBook G3/600. Installation went smoothly. However when I booted the computer everything again ran smoothly, until I got to the splash screen. It said ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lubuntu 12.10 Video Problems

Just installed Lubuntu 12.10 on my IBook G3/600. Installation went smoothly. However when I booted the computer everything again ran smoothly, until I got to the splash screen. It said Lubuntu 12.10 with the little load dots underneath. After that my screen turned completely dark like the laptop was shut down then it brightened a bit and shows the cursor and a little area around it is colored but its all lines and blurry and not one solid color. Using CTRL+ALT+F1 brings me to terminal which is displayed correctly. I believe this is a video card problem and my video card is mobility radeon 7000.

Just Joined!
    The liveCD boots using generic video drivers, but when installed, tries to use custom drivers. You can tell it to boot with generic drivers with the instructions below. NOTE: You must make sure everything is typed correctly or your GUI won't show. These changes will apply each time you boot.

You can edit your grub boot command by typing this in a terminal:
    sudo nano /etc/default/grub

Find this:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"

Change it to this:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset"

Save and close, then type:
    sudo update-grub

Reboot:
    sudo reboot

Good luck!