Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello again. I have yet another problem. Every time I start up my machine and login my mouse will freeze for about 30 seconds. I can handle that part. What ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Mouse is stuck/won't highlight things.

Hello again. I have yet another problem. Every time I start up my machine and login my mouse will freeze for about 30 seconds. I can handle that part. What I can't handle is that when my mouse hovers over something it doesn't highlight it to show that I can click it. I can normally solve this by just hitting ctrl+alt+delete and hit enter to log out and then logging back in and it seems to be fine, however, now I have to log out,login,log out,login for it to work. So the whole process is this. Turn machine on,login,log out,login,log out,login. I'm worried that soon,no matter what I do, I won't be able to use my mouse at all. I'm running zorin-os 6.
    Thanks in advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo3u8se View Post
    Hello again. I have yet another problem. Every time I start up my machine and login my mouse will freeze for about 30 seconds. I can handle that part. What I can't handle is that when my mouse hovers over something it doesn't highlight it to show that I can click it. I can normally solve this by just hitting ctrl+alt+delete and hit enter to log out and then logging back in and it seems to be fine, however, now I have to log out,login,log out,login for it to work. So the whole process is this. Turn machine on,login,log out,login,log out,login. I'm worried that soon,no matter what I do, I won't be able to use my mouse at all. I'm running zorin-os 6.
    Thanks in advanced.
    My one and only bump.

Did the mouse ever work properly? Have you tried a different mouse? I had something similar at my old work on Windows and the mouse was just going bad.

Yes, It works perfeclty when I get it to work. It works fine on other computers too. It's a rat 7 by the way.