Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to dual boot Ubuntu. I used Wubi.exe and was told to reboot. On reboot it says "Completing Ubuntu installation, press esc for more boot options" and then ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Issues Installing Ubuntu

I am trying to dual boot Ubuntu. I used Wubi.exe and was told to reboot. On reboot it says "Completing Ubuntu installation, press esc for more boot options" and then goes really small and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

I may be wrong but I thought wubi was an installer for inside windows. You should be able to go to your programs menu in windows and see a thing for wubi or ubuntu. It has been a long time since I played around with that so I could be wrong. If you want to dual boot I think that is different than wubi.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your reply. However, I can't see anything like that in my programmes.

When the system was rebooting, how long did you wait for it to come back up?

Also if you go to control panel and programs do you see it installed there?

Linux Guru
    Did you read the wubi install guide? See the link below. Wubi is "Windows UBuntu Installer" and as indicated above, it installs Ubuntu insided the windows system.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide

Just Joined!
    WUBI is to run Ubuntu inside Windows as a process. If you want to dual boot, you need to create a new partition inside of Windows (logical hard drive) on your hard disk or use a separate disk to install Ubuntu. Don't format the partition, let Linux do it when you install.

Also, Windows Boot loader should work with selecting between Ubuntu and Windows when you boot.

Linux Guru
    If you want to dual boot, you need to create a new partition inside of Windows
    The OP would need to shrink his windows partition first and create another partition outside the windows partition on unallocated space.

I would not expect a windows bootloader to detect a Linux installation. He could use third party software like EasyBCD but Grub is easier.