Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, long time ago I played with an older version of Ubuntu. I think it was version 8, version 6 perhaps even older. There was a very cool screen saver ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

linux screen saver

Hi, long time ago I played with an older version of Ubuntu.
    I think it was version 8, version 6 perhaps even older.
    There was a very cool screen saver which I would like to port it to OSX, but I just simply can't not remember the name of it. (it
    was something like a moving very fast in an infinite tunnel, that makes one dizzy.) I am wondering where I can find a list of all screen saver made for Ubuntu?

oz
    forum.guy
    I'd take a look around at gnome-look.org, kde-look.org, and box-look.org, and do your wallpaper search by date. You might find it in one of those places. If the wallpaper you refer to was an "official" wallpaper for the distro, you might find it by googling "official wallpaper" for each Ubuntu release.

Good luck with the search.

Edit: oops, sorry... I just noticed you said screensaver, and not wallpaper. I'll post back with any ideas on that if one comes to me.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Okay, just took a look at the sites mentioned above and they include a selection of downloadable screensavers, too. It's not as large as the wallpaper selection, but you might find the one you are looking for there.
    oz

drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris
    Hi.

The code XScreenSaver contains about 200 savers. See XScreenSaver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for a start ... cheers, drl

PS -- Looking at some the savers in XS showed atunnel and speedmine to be running-through-a-tunnel scenes. I seem to recall an MS Windows saver with the tunnels and I thought I had found the equivalent on a Linux box, but I haven't found it yet for this thread.
    Last edited by drl; 01-20-2013 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Added a few specific savers.
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

Just Joined!
    Hi thanks for the replies. that got me started and somegoogling, 5 found this XScreenSaver: Screenshots, very cool.