Find the answer to your Linux question:
need help asap, I bought a new dell 3420 laptop today... the config are as follows: core i5 3210m **NVidia GeForce 620m ddr 3 4gb ram ... it had pre-installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation installation black screen

need help asap, I bought a new dell 3420 laptop today... the config are as follows:
    core i5 3210m
    **NVidia GeForce 620m
    ddr 3 4gb ram
    it had pre-installed Ubuntu 11.10 on it..
    but since I wanted to create partitions and dualboot with windows8, I had to delete the os..
    when I tried reinstalling Ubuntu (dual boot) by burning the iso on the pendrive,(unetbootin, And also Universal-usb-installer) it gives me the menu saying 'run on pendrive, intall on hard disk, etc.. when I click on any of the options.. it just refuses to show up.. The system is 'ON' but then the screen doesn't show anythyn .. I tried keeping it switched on for hours bt den nothing happens.. its jst the black screen with the fans and the system active.. .. I really need help asap! HELP!

It's probably nothing more than a video card driver problem. Did you install Linux or Windows first? It makes a big difference. Can you burn the ISO to CD/DVD and run that Live?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Hey There, thanxx a lot for ur advice... I did install windows 8 first.. by the way, problem is solved... I used lili live usb creator to burn the image into usb this time! And it worked.. there are many out there facing the same prob, would like evry1 to use this software to boot from the pendrive...