Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just need to setup a file server. Nothing fancy. So far I have been able to compile the code and get the startup scripts working so I know samba4 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

guide or tutorial need for samba 4 on ubuntu

I just need to setup a file server. Nothing fancy.

So far I have been able to compile the code and get the startup scripts working so I know samba4 is running. How ever when I try to connect to it via windows7 or another linux machine I get all kinds of NT login errors...
    (yes I setup my smb.conf, but there is a lot of stuff in there about realms/domains/etc...)

I don't want it to take over AD or change/re-direct DNS or anything like that.

Just serve out a share with smb3 protocol.

Anyone know of such a tutorial/guide/doc.

Thanks in advance.

Linux Newbie
    Hello. Have you tried man pages? I always read it first and search my question there after posting my question here.

Below command will create a PDF document of it and save it to your home folder.

Code:
    man -t samba | ps2pdf - samba4.pdf
    PS: BTW, man page of samba points out to attached man pages.

Also, searching other people's questions for similar topics might help you out.

http://search.linuxforums.org/search/forums/samba4/
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ivotkl; 02-08-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ivotkl View Post
    Hello. Have you tried man pages? I always read it first and search my question there after posting my question here.

Below command will create a PDF document of it and save it to your home folder.

Code:
    man -t samba | ps2pdf - samba4.pdf
    PS: BTW, man page of samba points out to attached man pages.

Also, searching other people's questions for similar topics might help you out.

I have read the man pages and I have tried searching for over 2 weeks. Thank you for the response.

Linux Newbie
    Cool, let me know if you find another manual besides man pages as I would like to "dance" a little samba. =P