Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
cd /tmp wget ADRESS tar zxf gpstk-2.0.src.tar.gz cd gpstk jam that was the code! like you gave me...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

cd /tmp
    wget ADRESS
    tar zxf gpstk-2.0.src.tar.gz
    cd gpstk
    jam

that was the code! like you gave me

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by yours View Post
    that was the code! like you gave me
    heh, okay, just making sure.

well, I can't answer your question as to what is wrong. i'll have to fire up my ubuntu box and see if my compile attempt finished or not...

Trusted Penguin
    okay, yeah, I am getting the same errors that you reported. for the record, I also tried the GNU make method that they suggest on the installation instructions, as well: no love there either.

have you tried using the pre-compiled gpstk binaries hosted on sourceforge (same place as the source tarball)?

The gpstk-2.0.linux.x386.tar.gz or gpstk-2.0.linux.x86_64.tar.gz tarball would be the one you'd want to check out.

Just Joined!
    pre compiled means that its already installed right? just have to extract? thank you for the time

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by yours View Post
    pre compiled means that its already installed right? just have to extract?
    pre-compiled means that the software is has already been converted from its source form into executable binary files, for a particular arch or distro. for example, the source file "hello.c", which is a plain text file with C code, can be compiled with gcc into "hello", a binary file, that you can then execute.

what we've been trying to do is take the gpstk source files and compile them into libraries and executable files, expressly for our distribution (and failing). so the alternative is to try and use a tarball of pre-compiles binaries (compiled by somebody else on some other platform - x86 or x86_64, ideally). that's what i think you ought to try next, anyway.

once you unpack that binary tarball, hopefully there will be a README or INSTALL file in their with instructions on how to proceed. but a quick test would be to just look for an executable file in the unpacked dir and see if it runs.

Just Joined!
    thank you alot, hopefully if i want to mess with some code i will get over this issue!
    thanks for the help really appreaciated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2