Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
hi all, i am writing because of some problems i had trying to install gpstk. there are some programs that i have to install prior to the gpstk itself and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installing gpstk

hi all,
    i am writing because of some problems i had trying to install gpstk. there are some programs that i have to install prior to the gpstk itself and thats where iam having my problems, i installed jam and did the other pre requesites but when iam to install the tool with jam or with autoconfig i cant do it. the instructions are in the website of gpstkdotorg i cant post here the link
    honestly i have no idea from where to start to try and find a solution so thats why i came here.

thanks in advance

luis

Trusted Penguin
    Hello and welcome!

First of all, I assume the install instructions to which you refer are these?

Secondly, please provide:

• which step in the instructions you are having trouble with
    • the exact command you are typing that is giving you a problem
    • what exactly what that error is that you are getting

also, it would help to know exactly what version of Ubuntu you are running.

if it is simply the matter of dependency software, you are hopefully just a few "sudo apt-get install FOO" step aways.

Just Joined!
    hi,
    thanks for the time,
    well first of all i dont know wich is the easy way to install it but i went with jam.
    looked at the system requirements and i've checked them all apart from doxygen and the last one about Subversion.
    and well it starts when i type "jam" nothing happens ( i ve already installed jam with sudo apt installl ) and i really dont know where to start... a bit lost !

thank you,

luis

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by yours View Post
    and well it starts when i type "jam" nothing happens ( i ve already installed jam with sudo apt installl ) and i really dont know where to start... a bit lost !
    that sounds to me like jam was not really installed. perhaps there was an error when you installed it, but you missed it? did u remember to run it as root?

The main binary should be installed to /usr/bin/jam. Try this command, in a terminal:
    Code:
    which jam
    if it returns nothing, then it is not installed. You can also query the package by name, e.g:
    Code:
    dpkg -s jam
    That will tell you conclusively if the package was installed.

If you determine that it is not installed, run the install command again, and this time, post the content of the output back here.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install jam

Just Joined!
    imight@ios:~$ sudo apt-get remove jam
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
    jam
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    After this operation, 369 kB disk space will be freed.
    Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
    (Reading database ... 167512 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing jam ...
    Processing triggers for man-db ...
    imight@ios:~$ which jam
    imight@ios:~$ sudo apt-get install jam
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
    jam
    0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 113 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 369 kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Get:1 URL quantal/universe jam amd64 2.5rel-1 [113 kB]
    Fetched 113 kB in 0s (635 kB/s)
    Selecting previously unselected package jam.
    (Reading database ... 167492 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking jam (from .../jam_2.5rel-1_amd64.deb) ...
    Processing triggers for man-db ...
    Setting up jam (2.5rel-1) ...
    update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/jam.perforce to provide /usr/bin/jam (jam) in auto mode
    imight@ios:~$ which jam
    /usr/bin/jam
    imight@ios:~$
    well i removed it and installed it again and it seems ok ( the installation )

although it doesnt work :

imight@ios:~/Documents/1213/estdepmat/gpstk$ sudo jam
    [sudo] password for imight:
    Jamfile: No such file or directory
    ...found 7 target(s)...

Trusted Penguin
    although it doesnt work :
    did you untar the src tarball and cd into that dir first (as per the instructions)? e.g.:
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/gpstk/gpstk/2.0/gpstk-2.0.src.tar.gz
    tar zxf gpstk-2.0.src.tar.gz
    cd gpstk
    jam
    The jam compiler is looking for a Jamfile, and one exists in the root of the gpstk source dir, once you untar it.

Just Joined!
    i extracted the file "windows" way dunno what happened b4 but now it worked, although had some errors: (this is just a few because there were alot )

Code:
    cc -c -o examples/example12.o -O  -Iexamples -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Isrc -Isrc -Isrc -Ilib/vplot -Ilib/vdraw -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc examples/example12.cpp

...failed C++ examples/example12.o ...
    ...skipped example12 for lack of <examples>example12.o...
    C++ examples/example13.o 
    cc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory

cc -c -o examples/example13.o -O  -Iexamples -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Isrc -Isrc -Isrc -Ilib/vplot -Ilib/vdraw -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc examples/example13.cpp

...failed C++ examples/example13.o ...
    ...skipped example13 for lack of <examples>example13.o...
    C++ examples/example15.o 

cc -c -o examples/example15.o -O  -Iexamples -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Isrc -Isrc -Isrc -Ilib/vplot -Ilib/vdraw -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc examples/example15.cpp

...failed C++ examples/example15.o ...
    ...skipped example15 for lack of <examples>example15.o...
    C++ examples/example18.o 
    it cant run the examples so its a bad thing right? and i didnt run doxygen! ( just for documentation right? or is it important? )

thank you for the time really appreciate it

Trusted Penguin
    i extracted the file "windows" way dunno what happened b4 but now it worked, although had some errors: (this is just a few because there were alot )
    that sounds like cc (provided by gcc) is not installed. what does this tell you?
    Code:
    which cc
    it should return /usr/bin/cc (which links back to gcc).

try this, to install it, along w/other necessary packages:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential
    and i didnt run doxygen! ( just for documentation right? or is it important? )
    yeah, i think so. shouldn't be necessary, but I've never built this package manually before.

Just Joined!
    hi
    about gcc i have gcc installed
    i did the build essential and it helped although had this: (a part of the errors)

Code:
    cc -lpthread -o apps/Rinextools/RinNav  apps/Rinextools/RinNav.o src/libgpstk.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link apps/Rinextools/RinNav ...
    C++ apps/Rinextools/RinSum.o 
    Link apps/Rinextools/RinSum 
    cc: error: src/libgpstk.a: No such file or directory

cc -lpthread -o apps/Rinextools/RinSum  apps/Rinextools/RinSum.o src/libgpstk.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link apps/Rinextools/RinSum ...
    C++ apps/time/timeconvert.o 
    Link apps/time/timeconvert 

cc -lpthread -o apps/time/timeconvert  apps/time/timeconvert.o src/libgpstk.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link apps/time/timeconvert ...
    C++ apps/time/calgps.o 
    Link apps/time/calgps 

cc -lpthread -o apps/time/calgps  apps/time/calgps.o src/libgpstk.a lib/vdraw/libvdraw.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link apps/time/calgps ...
    C++ apps/visibility/WhereSat.o 
    Link apps/visibility/wheresat 

cc -lpthread -o apps/visibility/wheresat  apps/visibility/WhereSat.o lib/rxio/librxio.a src/libgpstk.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link apps/visibility/wheresat ...
    C++ apps/visibility/svvis.o 
    Link apps/visibility/svvis 

cc -lpthread -o apps/visibility/svvis  apps/visibility/svvis.o lib/rxio/librxio.a src/libgpstk.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link apps/visibility/svvis ...
    C++ apps/visibility/findMoreThan12.o 
    Link apps/visibility/findMoreThan12 

cc -lpthread -o apps/visibility/findMoreThan12  apps/visibility/findMoreThan12.o lib/rxio/librxio.a src/libgpstk.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link apps/visibility/findMoreThan12 ...
    C++ apps/visibility/compSatVis.o 
    C++ apps/visibility/StaStats.o 
    C++ apps/visibility/StaStats.o 
    C++ apps/visibility/VisSupport.o 
    In file included from apps/visibility/VisSupport.hpp:38:0,
                     from apps/visibility/VisSupport.cpp:30:
    src/FileFilterFrame.hpp: In instantiation of ‘void gpstk::FileFilterFrame<FileStream, FileData>::init(const std::vector<std::pair<gpstk::FileSpec::FileSpecType, std::vector<std::basic_string<char> > > >&) [with FileStream = gpstk::FICStream; FileData = gpstk::FICData]’:
    src/FileFilterFrame.hpp:215:10:   required from ‘gpstk::FileFilterFrame<FileStream, FileData>::FileFilterFrame(const std::vector<std::basic_string<char> >&, const gpstk::CommonTime&, const gpstk::CommonTime&) [with FileStream = gpstk::FICStream; FileData = gpstk::FICData]’
    apps/visibility/VisSupport.cpp:133:55:   required from here
    src/FileFilterFrame.hpp:329:16: error: ‘addData’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
    src/FileFilterFrame.hpp:329:16: note: declarations in dependent base ‘gpstk::FileFilter<gpstk::FICData>’ are not found by unqualified lookup
    src/FileFilterFrame.hpp:329:16: note: use ‘this->addData’ instead
    src/FileFilterFrame.hpp: In instantiation of ‘void gpstk::FileFilterFrame<FileStream, FileData>::init(const std::vector<std::pair<gpstk::FileSpec::FileSpecType, std::vector<std::basic_string<char> > > >&) [with FileStream = gpstk::RinexNavStream; FileData = gpstk::RinexNavData]’:
    src/FileFilterFrame.hpp:227:7:   required from ‘gpstk::FileFilterFrame<FileStream, FileData>::FileFilterFrame(const string&, const gpstk::CommonTime&, const gpstk::CommonTime&) [with FileStream = gpstk::RinexNavStream; FileData = gpstk::RinexNavData; std::string = std::basic_string<char>]’
    apps/visibility/VisSupport.cpp:178:65:   required from here
    src/FileFilterFrame.hpp:329:16: error: ‘addData’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
    src/FileFilterFrame.hpp:329:16: note: declarations in dependent base ‘gpstk::FileFilter<gpstk::RinexNavData>’ are not found by unqualified lookup

cc -c -o apps/visibility/VisSupport.o -O -O  -Iapps/visibility -Ilib/rxio -Isrc apps/visibility/VisSupport.cpp

...failed C++ apps/visibility/VisSupport.o ...
    C++ apps/visibility/DiscreteVisibleCounts.o 
    C++ apps/visibility/DiscreteVisibleCounts.o 
    ...skipped compSatVis for lack of <apps!visibility>VisSupport.o...
    C++ apps/visibility/compStaVis.o 
    ...skipped compStaVis for lack of <apps!visibility>VisSupport.o...
    C++ apps/visibility/DOPcalc.o 
    Link apps/visibility/DOPcalc 

cc -lpthread -o apps/visibility/DOPcalc  apps/visibility/DOPcalc.o lib/rxio/librxio.a src/libgpstk.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link apps/visibility/DOPcalc ...
    C++ apps/visibility/CalcDOPs.o 
    In file included from apps/visibility/CalcDOPs.cpp:118:0:
    src/FileFilterFrame.hpp: In instantiation of ‘void gpstk::FileFilterFrame<FileStream, FileData>::init(const std::vector<std::pair<gpstk::FileSpec::FileSpecType, std::vector<std::basic_string<char> > > >&) [with FileStream = gpstk::FICStream; FileData = gpstk::FICData]’:
    src/FileFilterFrame.hpp:227:7:   required from ‘gpstk::FileFilterFrame<FileStream, FileData>::FileFilterFrame(const string&, const gpstk::CommonTime&, const gpstk::CommonTime&) [with FileStream = gpstk::FICStream; FileData = gpstk::FICData; std::string = std::basic_string<char>]’
    apps/visibility/CalcDOPs.cpp:761:57:   required from here
    src/FileFilterFrame.hpp:329:16: note: declarations in dependent base ‘gpstk::FileFilter<gpstk::FICData>’ are not found by unqualified lookup
    src/FileFilterFrame.hpp: In instantiation of ‘void gpstk::FileFilterFrame<FileStream, FileData>::init(const std::vector<std::pair<gpstk::FileSpec::FileSpecType, std::vector<std::basic_string<char> > > >&) [with FileStream = gpstk::FICAStream; FileData = gpstk::FICData]’:
    src/FileFilterFrame.hpp:227:7:   required from ‘gpstk::FileFilterFrame<FileStream, FileData>::FileFilterFrame(const string&, const gpstk::CommonTime&, const gpstk::CommonTime&) [with FileStream = gpstk::FICAStream; FileData = gpstk::FICData; std::string = std::basic_string<char>]’
    apps/visibility/CalcDOPs.cpp:778:59:   required from here
    In file included from src/Triple.hpp:50:0,
                     from src/Xvt.hpp:49,
                     from src/EngEphemeris.hpp:61,
                     from src/FICData.hpp:59,
                     from apps/visibility/CalcDOPs.cpp:113:
    src/Vector.hpp: In instantiation of ‘gpstk::Vector<T>& gpstk::Vector<T>::operator=(const gpstk::Vector<T>&) [with T = double; gpstk::Vector<T> = gpstk::Vector<double>]’:
    src/Matrix.hpp:200:12:   required from ‘gpstk::Matrix<T>& gpstk::Matrix<T>::operator=(const gpstk::Matrix<T>&) [with T = double; gpstk::Matrix<T> = gpstk::Matrix<double>]’
    apps/visibility/CalcDOPs.cpp:1381:34:   required from here
    src/Vector.hpp:202:44: error: ‘assignFrom’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
    src/Vector.hpp:202:44: note: declarations in dependent base ‘gpstk::RefVectorBase<double, gpstk::Vector<double> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
    src/Vector.hpp:202:44: note: use ‘this->assignFrom’ instead
    src/Vector.hpp: In instantiation of ‘gpstk::Vector<T>::Vector(const gpstk::Vector<T>&) [with T = double; gpstk::Vector<T> = gpstk::Vector<double>]’:
    src/Matrix.hpp:59:10:   required from ‘gpstk::Matrix<T> gpstk::transpose(const gpstk::ConstMatrixBase<T, BaseClass>&) [with T = double; BaseClass = gpstk::Matrix<double>]’
    apps/visibility/CalcDOPs.cpp:1383:25:   required from here
    src/Vector.hpp:119:13: error: ‘assignFrom’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
    src/Vector.hpp:119:13: note: declarations in dependent base ‘gpstk::RefVectorBase<double, gpstk::Vector<double> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
    src/Vector.hpp:119:13: note: use ‘this->assignFrom’ instead
    src/Vector.hpp: In instantiation of ‘gpstk::Vector<T>& gpstk::Vector<T>::operator=(T) [with T = double; gpstk::Vector<T> = gpstk::Vector<double>]’:
    src/MatrixOperators.hpp:625:10:   required from ‘gpstk::Matrix<T> gpstk::inverseSVD(const gpstk::ConstMatrixBase<T, BaseClass>&, T) [with T = double; BaseClass = gpstk::Matrix<double>]’
    apps/visibility/CalcDOPs.cpp:1386:24:   required from here
    src/Vector.hpp:214:31: error: ‘assignFrom’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
    src/Vector.hpp:214:31: note: declarations in dependent base ‘gpstk::RefVectorBase<double, gpstk::Vector<double> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
    src/Vector.hpp:214:31: note: use ‘this->assignFrom’ instead
    src/Vector.hpp: In instantiation of ‘gpstk::Vector<T>::Vector(size_t, T) [with T = double; size_t = long unsigned int]’:
    src/MatrixImplementation.hpp:55:73:   required from ‘gpstk::Matrix<T>::Matrix(size_t, size_t, T) [with T = double; size_t = long unsigned int]’
    src/MatrixOperators.hpp:770:50:   required from ‘gpstk::Matrix<T> gpstk::operator*(const gpstk::ConstMatrixBase<T, BaseClass1>&, const gpstk::ConstMatrixBase<T, BaseClass2>&) [with T = double; BaseClass1 = gpstk::Matrix<double>; BaseClass2 = gpstk::Matrix<double>]’
    apps/visibility/CalcDOPs.cpp:1383:25:   required from here
    src/Vector.hpp:92:13: error: ‘assignFrom’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
    src/Vector.hpp:92:13: note: declarations in dependent base ‘gpstk::RefVectorBase<double, gpstk::Vector<double> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
    src/Vector.hpp:92:13: note: use ‘this->assignFrom’ instead
    In file included from apps/visibility/CalcDOPs.cpp:121:0:
    src/Matrix.hpp: In instantiation of ‘gpstk::Matrix<T>& gpstk::Matrix<T>::operator=(const gpstk::ConstMatrixBase<T, BaseClass>&) [with BaseClass = gpstk::Matrix<double>; T = double; gpstk::Matrix<T> = gpstk::Matrix<double>]’:
    src/MatrixFunctors.hpp:90:13:   required from ‘bool gpstk::SVD<T>::operator()(const gpstk::ConstMatrixBase<T, BaseClass>&) [with BaseClass = gpstk::Matrix<double>; T = double]’
    src/MatrixOperators.hpp:613:7:   required from ‘gpstk::Matrix<T> gpstk::inverseSVD(const gpstk::ConstMatrixBase<T, BaseClass>&, T) [with T = double; BaseClass = gpstk::Matrix<double>]’
    apps/visibility/CalcDOPs.cpp:1386:24:   required from here
    src/Matrix.hpp:209:34: error: ‘assignFrom’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
    src/Matrix.hpp:209:34: note: declarations in dependent base ‘gpstk::RefMatrixBase<double, gpstk::Matrix<double> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
    src/Matrix.hpp:209:34: note: use ‘this->assignFrom’ instead

cc -c -o apps/visibility/CalcDOPs.o -O  -Iapps/visibility -Ilib/rxio -Isrc apps/visibility/CalcDOPs.cpp

...failed C++ apps/visibility/CalcDOPs.o ...
    ...skipped CalcDOPs for lack of <apps!visibility>CalcDOPs.o...
    C++ examples/example1.o 
    Link examples/example1 

cc -lpthread -o examples/example1  examples/example1.o src/libgpstk.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link examples/example1 ...
    C++ examples/example2.o 
    Link examples/example2 

cc -lpthread -o examples/example2  examples/example2.o src/libgpstk.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link examples/example2 ...
    C++ examples/example3.o 
    Link examples/example3 

cc -lpthread -o examples/example3  examples/example3.o src/libgpstk.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link examples/example3 ...
    C++ examples/example4.o 
    Link examples/example4 

cc -lpthread -o examples/example4  examples/example4.o src/libgpstk.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link examples/example4 ...
    C++ examples/example5.o 
                     from src/Rinex3ObsHeader.hpp:56,
                     from src/Rinex3ObsData.hpp:54,
                     from examples/example5.cpp:34:
    src/Vector.hpp: In instantiation of ‘gpstk::Vector<T>::Vector(const gpstk::Vector<T>&) [with T = gpstk::SatID; gpstk::Vector<T> = gpstk::Vector<gpstk::SatID>]’:
    lib/procframe/DataStructures.hpp:610:38:   required from here
    src/Vector.hpp:119:13: error: ‘assignFrom’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
    src/Vector.hpp:119:13: note: declarations in dependent base ‘gpstk::RefVectorBase<gpstk::SatID, gpstk::Vector<gpstk::SatID> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
    src/Vector.hpp: In instantiation of ‘gpstk::Vector<T>::Vector(const gpstk::Vector<T>&) [with T = double; gpstk::Vector<T> = gpstk::Vector<double>]’:
    lib/procframe/DataStructures.hpp:882:55:   required from here
    src/Vector.hpp:119:13: note: declarations in dependent base ‘gpstk::RefVectorBase<double, gpstk::Vector<double> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
    src/Vector.hpp: In instantiation of ‘gpstk::Vector<T>& gpstk::Vector<T>::operator=(const gpstk::Vector<T>&) [with T = double; gpstk::Vector<T> = gpstk::Vector<double>]’:
    lib/procframe/ModeledReferencePR.hpp:462:23:   required from here
    src/Vector.hpp:202:44: error: ‘assignFrom’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
    src/Vector.hpp:202:44: note: declarations in dependent base ‘gpstk::RefVectorBase<double, gpstk::Vector<double> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
    src/Vector.hpp: In instantiation of ‘gpstk::Vector<T>::Vector(size_t, T) [with T = double; size_t = long unsigned int]’:
    src/Bancroft.hpp:59:49:   required from here
    src/Vector.hpp:92:13: error: ‘assignFrom’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
    src/Vector.hpp:92:13: note: declarations in dependent base ‘gpstk::RefVectorBase<double, gpstk::Vector<double> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup

cc -c -o examples/example5.o -O  -Iexamples -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Isrc -Isrc -Isrc -Ilib/vplot -Ilib/vdraw -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc examples/example5.cpp

...failed C++ examples/example5.o ...
    ...skipped example5 for lack of <examples>example5.o...
    C++ examples/example6.o 
                     from src/Rinex3ObsHeader.hpp:56,
                     from src/Rinex3ObsStream.hpp:53,
                     from examples/example6.cpp:34:
    src/Vector.hpp: In instantiation of ‘gpstk::Vector<T>::Vector(const gpstk::Vector<T>&) [with T = gpstk::SatID; gpstk::Vector<T> = gpstk::Vector<gpstk::SatID>]’:
    src/Vector.hpp:119:13: note: declarations in dependent base ‘gpstk::RefVectorBase<gpstk::SatID, gpstk::Vector<gpstk::SatID> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup

cc -c -o examples/example6.o -O  -Iexamples -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Isrc -Isrc -Isrc -Ilib/vplot -Ilib/vdraw -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc examples/example6.cpp

...failed C++ examples/example6.o ...
    ...skipped example6 for lack of <examples>example6.o...
    ...on 900th target...
    C++ examples/example7.o 
                     from src/RinexObsHeader.hpp:56,
                     from src/RinexObsStream.hpp:55,
                     from examples/example7.cpp:34:
    src/SimpleKalmanFilter.hpp:290:19:   required from here

cc -c -o examples/example7.o -O  -Iexamples -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Isrc -Isrc -Isrc -Ilib/vplot -Ilib/vdraw -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc examples/example7.cpp

...failed C++ examples/example7.o ...
    ...skipped example7 for lack of <examples>example7.o...
    C++ examples/example8.o 
                     from examples/example8.cpp:42:
    src/SimpleKalmanFilter.hpp:119:69:   required from here

cc -c -o examples/example8.o -O  -Iexamples -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Isrc -Isrc -Isrc -Ilib/vplot -Ilib/vdraw -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc examples/example8.cpp

...failed C++ examples/example8.o ...
    ...skipped example8 for lack of <examples>example8.o...
    C++ examples/example9.o 
                     from examples/example9.cpp:50:

cc -c -o examples/example9.o -O  -Iexamples -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Isrc -Isrc -Isrc -Ilib/vplot -Ilib/vdraw -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc examples/example9.cpp

...failed C++ examples/example9.o ...
    ...skipped example9 for lack of <examples>example9.o...
    C++ examples/example10.o 
                     from examples/example10.cpp:48:

cc -c -o examples/example10.o -O  -Iexamples -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Isrc -Isrc -Isrc -Ilib/vplot -Ilib/vdraw -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc examples/example10.cpp

...failed C++ examples/example10.o ...
    ...skipped example10 for lack of <examples>example10.o...
    C++ examples/example11.o 
    Link examples/example11 
    cc: error: lib/procframe/libprocframe.a: No such file or directory

cc -lpthread -o examples/example11  examples/example11.o lib/procframe/libprocframe.a src/libgpstk.a src/libgpstk.a lib/vplot/libvplot.a lib/vdraw/libvdraw.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link examples/example11 ...
    C++ examples/example12.o 
    Link examples/example12 

cc -lpthread -o examples/example12  examples/example12.o src/libgpstk.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link examples/example12 ...
    C++ examples/example13.o 
    Link examples/example13 

cc -lpthread -o examples/example13  examples/example13.o src/libgpstk.a lib/vplot/libvplot.a lib/vdraw/libvdraw.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link examples/example13 ...
    C++ examples/example15.o 
    Link examples/example15 
    cc: error: lib/geomatics/libgeomatics.a: No such file or directory

cc -lpthread -o examples/example15  examples/example15.o lib/geomatics/libgeomatics.a src/libgpstk.a -lm -lstdc++ 

...failed Link examples/example15 ...
    C++ examples/example18.o 
    In file included from src/Matrix.hpp:35:0,
                     from src/SolverBase.hpp:36,
                     from lib/procframe/SolverGeneral.hpp:34,
                     from examples/example18.cpp:63:
    src/Vector.hpp: In instantiation of ‘gpstk::Vector<T>& gpstk::Vector<T>::operator=(const T*) [with T = double; gpstk::Vector<T> = gpstk::Vector<double>]’:
    examples/example18.cpp:218:12:   required from here
    src/Vector.hpp:217:31: error: ‘assignFrom’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
    src/Vector.hpp:217:31: note: declarations in dependent base ‘gpstk::RefVectorBase<double, gpstk::Vector<double> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
    src/Vector.hpp:217:31: note: use ‘this->assignFrom’ instead
    In file included from src/SolverBase.hpp:36:0,
                     from lib/procframe/SolverGeneral.hpp:34,
                     from examples/example18.cpp:63:
    src/Matrix.hpp: In instantiation of ‘gpstk::MatrixRowSlice<T>::MatrixRowSlice(gpstk::Matrix<T>&, size_t, const std::slice&) [with T = double; size_t = long unsigned int]’:
    src/MatrixImplementation.hpp:76:65:   required from ‘gpstk::MatrixRowSlice<T> gpstk::Matrix<T>::rowRef(size_t, size_t) [with T = double; size_t = long unsigned int]’
    src/Matrix.hpp:173:29:   required from ‘gpstk::MatrixRowSlice<T> gpstk::Matrix<T>::operator[](size_t) [with T = double; size_t = long unsigned int]’
    examples/example18.cpp:225:16:   required from here
    src/Matrix.hpp:571:13: error: ‘matSliceCheck’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
    src/Matrix.hpp:571:13: note: declarations in dependent base ‘gpstk::MatrixSliceBase<double, gpstk::MatrixRowSlice<double> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
    src/Matrix.hpp:571:13: note: use ‘this->matSliceCheck’ instead

cc -c -o examples/example18.o -O  -Iexamples -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Isrc -Isrc -Isrc -Ilib/vplot -Ilib/vdraw -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc -Ilib/procframe -Ilib/geomatics -Isrc examples/example18.cpp

...failed C++ examples/example18.o ...
    ...skipped example18 for lack of <examples>example18.o...
    ...failed updating 372 target(s)...
    ...skipped 44 target(s)...
    ...updated 540 target(s)...
    imight@ios:/tmp/2/gpstk$
    i dont know what is happening, i runned as root and it was the same so i tried without root.
    since the system requirements talk about other versions of gcc maybe i should downgrade it?

thank you

Trusted Penguin
    what directory are you in?

what exact command are you running?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast