Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hullo, At work i have access to various Hp Printers all are duplex capable. I have connected and am able to print sucessfully However this duplex thing has falied to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Duplex printing

Hullo,
    At work i have access to various Hp Printers all are duplex capable. I have connected and am able to print sucessfully However this duplex thing has falied to work out. Anybody able to fix me up?

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by deqweyu View Post
    Hullo,
    At work i have access to various Hp Printers all are duplex capable. I have connected and am able to print sucessfully However this duplex thing has falied to work out. Anybody able to fix me up?
    Hello

I'm not an HP user, but remember reading on the HP website not long back that some of their duplex capable printers won't duplex under Linux, and of course those that do work must have the correct drivers installed. You might have to provide more info regarding the printer models you are using and the HP drivers that you've installed before anyone will be able to help you.
    oz

Just Joined!
    I use both a Laserjet 4 plus and an HP Officejet 6000 inkjet. Both work fine in duplex using HPLIP as the monitoring software and CUPS.

6000 driver: HP Officejet 6000 e609n, 3.11.5[en]
    LJ 4Plus driver: HP LaserJet 4 Plus hpijs pcl3, 3.11.5[en]

I don't remember if the drivers came with the original OS (the system started as openSUSE 11.3) or from HP.

Hope this helps.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Hello

I'm not an HP user, but remember reading on the HP website not long back that some of their duplex capable printers won't duplex under Linux, and of course those that do work must have the correct drivers installed. You might have to provide more info regarding the printer models you are using and the HP drivers that you've installed before anyone will be able to help you.
    thanks oz

To be more specific am trying to print from a an HP p4015x network printer but am failing to have it print in duplex mode. Is there another separate linux driver for duplex printing? Because the HPLIP seems not to do duplex.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by deqweyu View Post
    To be more specific am trying to print from a an HP p4015x network printer but am failing to have it print in duplex mode. Is there another separate linux driver for duplex printing? Because the HPLIP seems not to do duplex.
    Good day!

According to the openprinting.org database, that printer should work perfectly:

Printer: HP LaserJet P4015 | OpenPrinting - The Linux Foundation

You can read about the drivers that should work with it there.
    oz