Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I am running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86 Minimal on my VPS I have followed this tutorial and it works fine. Here is link to the tutorial putdispenserhere.com/pptp-vpn-setup-guide-for-a-debian-openvz-vps I can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Opening All Ports on VPS

Hi I am running

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86 Minimal on my VPS

I have followed this tutorial and it works fine. Here is link to the tutorial putdispenserhere.com/pptp-vpn-setup-guide-for-a-debian-openvz-vps

I can use it as VPN.

But I want to open all the ports on the VPN.

How can I do this?

Thanks

I have disabled the ufw firewall.

Just Joined!
    I would not recommend disabling the firewall. That will open your vps up to all kinds of attacks. However I am not following what you mean. When you connect to a VPN you pretty much have access to your network. All you have to do is setup the ACL's. (Course this could be different since most companies I have worked for used ASA 5520's for the vpn.)

But looking at the Documentation on step 8 you setup ip forwarding which as I thought, passes you through the network with out blocking anything.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdtux View Post
    I would not recommend disabling the firewall. That will open your vps up to all kinds of attacks. However I am not following what you mean. When you connect to a VPN you pretty much have access to your network. All you have to do is setup the ACL's. (Course this could be different since most companies I have worked for used ASA 5520's for the vpn.)

But looking at the Documentation on step 8 you setup ip forwarding which as I thought, passes you through the network with out blocking anything.
    Step 8 forwards all traffic yes.

But lets say you have a program that requires port XXXX, for example we will use port 43594

If you are connected to the VPN, that port is not open, and the program that requires that port can not function.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by imtiax View Post
    Step 8 forwards all traffic yes.

But lets say you have a program that requires port XXXX, for example we will use port 43594

If you are connected to the VPN, that port is not open, and the program that requires that port can not function.
    I am not sure if that is true. If that port is on a server in your network that you are vpn into then you have full access to the network and all servers running all applications. The only thing that would prevent you from accessing that would be any ACLs that you would have setup.

Can you give what application is not functioning?