Hey,

So I'm using 12.10. I removed the scrollbar overlay because it doesn't sit well with me. I can barely see the scrollbar now and it pisses me off.

Also am running Gnome 3 shell.

I disabled the scrollbar overlay following this seemingly commonly accepted method:
Code:
sudo apt-get remove overlay-scrollbar liboverlay-scrollbar-0.2-0 liboverlay-scrollbar3-0.2-0
(that's generic, off a site, I tab-completed it with whatever the version number in the repos was).

--

So I went to try and change the theme's (stock, ambiance) scrollbar color, and got no luck.

I did so by modifying the /usr/share/themes/Ambiance/gtk-3.0/gtk-widgets.css file.

Replaced the background-image line (commented it out) with a background-color line, so it reads more like:
Code:
background-color: #00FF00;
This was in the vertical scrollbar section.

Turned ambiance off then switched back, no changes in the scroll bars. Now from what I've read Chrome and the like source their colors else-where, so they won't change, but terminal, nautilus, gedit, etc., all source it on the theme, I do believe, as it changes with the theme selection, but they're not changing colors .

Any ideas here?