Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed the new Bodhi distro (which is based on Ubuntu 12.10) andd I have had evoluttion working fine in Bodhi, synchronizing with my phone (Nokia N95) .. contacts, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Evolution crashed..non functional

I just installed the new Bodhi distro (which is based on Ubuntu 12.10) andd I have had evoluttion working fine in Bodhi, synchronizing with my phone (Nokia N95) .. contacts, address book, memos, calendar). I was very happy with this synchronization, after many years of non-synchronization!

Now Evolution just does not work for email; it does work for contacts, calendar etc, just not email. I have tried synchronizing with a saved ...file ..
    evolution-backup-20121128.tar.gz but I think this may have caused the instability somehow. When I tried to import that file to another laptop with the previous Bodhi release (2.1) it also became non functional. I gues I need to know how to erase everything and start over. I tried to completely uninstall evolution and reinstall but this did not work. Any suggestions how to completely get rid of all the evolution files and start over?

thanks

sean

Remove evolution using Package Manger and remove its config files after that.
    Code:
    rm -rf ~/.evolution
    rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/evolution
    Reboot machine and install evolution again.

You have to do synchronize your phone again because it will wipe everything.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First