Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have Ubuntu 12.04.2 installed on Dell Inspiron 1545, I've upgraded my kernell to 3.8.2 as well due to read only problems I was having with 3.5.0-25. But now I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ubuntu 12.04 TuxOnIce, uswsusp hibernate doesn't work

I have Ubuntu 12.04.2 installed on Dell Inspiron 1545, I've upgraded my kernell to 3.8.2 as well due to read only problems I was having with 3.5.0-25.

But now I can't get my hibernate to work. I've tried TuxOnIce and uswsusp.

uswsusp - seems to hibernate ok but on resume get stuck.

TuxOnIce - again seems to hibernate ok, all I get is flashing cursor and black screen then powers off. When I resume it seems to boot as if I've restarted the laptop, it doesn't bring up any previously opened programs and it seems to put my filesystem into read only state as well.

Can you please help me get this fixed.

Linux Newbie
    Hello juranich. I've never used those programs but perhaps you can provide us with some configuration files / source commands so me (or others, I know basically nothing about programming just a few linux commands).

Linux Newbie
    Unable to edit, so I'll correct it below:

Hello juranich. I've never used those programs but perhaps you can provide us with some configuration files / source commands so me (or others, I know basically nothing about programming just a few linux commands) can further assist you.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ivotkl View Post
    Unable to edit, so I'll correct it below:

Hello juranich. I've never used those programs but perhaps you can provide us with some configuration files / source commands so me (or others, I know basically nothing about programming just a few linux commands) can further assist you.
    Hi Ivotkl. Thanks for your reply. I've fixed the problem now. I ended up just upgrading to Ubuntu 13.04 and everything seems to be working fine. Looks like a good distro too.

I'll mark this thread as solved.