Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All I would like to set up a virtual box and use it to run a windows program. Go on line with windows for certain things. One of the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

installing virtual box and using

Hello All
    I would like to set up a virtual box and use it to run a windows program. Go on line with windows for certain things.
    One of the questions that i have is does one close and uninstall the virtual box when done. If get a virus in the virtual box will it be gone when one closes the VB?
    Thank you for your help.
    Montana

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Once you set up your VirtualBox VM, it doesn't need uninstalling unless you want to recover the disc space. You can keep it around for use as required. You just shut it down using the normal Windows shutdown commands/menus. As for viruses, if you create a snapshot of the VM (before you boot it up), and then get a virus, you can then restore the VM to the snapshot image, wiping away the virus. I do this, and it works perfectly! I make snapshots on a regular basis just for such a reason.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!