Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, I'm currently studying an information security masters and as part of my studies I require creating a Linux toolkit CD with the following tools statically created: ls, dd, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sourcing tools for Linux Toolkit CD

Hi guys,
    I'm currently studying an information security masters and as part of my studies I require creating a Linux toolkit CD with the following tools statically created:

ls, dd, des, file, pkginfo, find, icat, lsof, md5sum, cryptcat, netstat, pcat, perl, ps, strace, strings, truss, df, vi, cat, more, gzip,
    last, w, rm, script, bash, modinfo, lsmod, and ifconfig.

Could someone please tell me where I can source these tools and how I statically put them onto a CD?

Your help would be very very much appreciated.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Download the sources, modify the Makefiles to statically link, and build them yourself. Then, you can use a tool such as K3b to create an iso image of a data cd/dvd and burn that to a blank media. Source files are available on every linux mirror site. You posted this to the Ubuntu forum, so I assume you want an Ubuntu-compatible set of images. Get the source from a Debian mirror. Debian is the root OS that Ubuntu is derived from.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Daniel, here are directions for adding utilities to an ISO and creating a boot disk that you should be able to adapt. A plus for this one is that it's accessible to most blind, low vision and even deaf-blind users. donaldmarang.org/Vinux-IFL.php

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close