Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a problem with openvpn in linux i hope you people can help me with. everything works fine and i get an external ip. But i would like to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Openvpn network help

I have a problem with openvpn in linux i hope you people can help me with.
    everything works fine and i get an external ip. But i would like to still be able to connect to the local ip.
    If im on the local network i can still connect to my computer which is connected to the vpn on the local network on the ip 192.168.1.110 but the portforward that is setup in the router stops working when its connected. But why can i connect with my computer on the local network if i cant when im on wan and try to connect through my router which has a portward to the local ip. how do i get it to work with the local port forward?.

Just Joined!
    It is quite normal in a vpn-network your local ip is blocked. It is for security reason.
    But usually there is an optin in the client vpn config that may allow you to still use it.
    You will have to configre it yourself.

I had a quick look at the openvpn docs, but could not find it... But the openvpn has theire forum too.
    They can help you much more I think.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by kuifje View Post
    It is quite normal in a vpn-network your local ip is blocked. It is for security reason.
    But usually there is an optin in the client vpn config that may allow you to still use it.
    You will have to configre it yourself.

I had a quick look at the openvpn docs, but could not find it... But the openvpn has theire forum too.
    They can help you much more I think.
    Can see others have asked the same quistion in there, but no answere. Just made a post in there and hope to get help