Find the answer to your Linux question:
So last night my panels (I think that's the name, forgive me if I'm wrong) disappeared. The shutdown button, time, internet, volume, ubuntu one sync, weather, etc, all gone. I'm ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Gnome-fallback, no panels?

So last night my panels (I think that's the name, forgive me if I'm wrong) disappeared. The shutdown button, time, internet, volume, ubuntu one sync, weather, etc, all gone. I'm running Ubuntu 13.04 with gnome-fallback as stated in the title. When I switch to unity everything is as it should be.

Help! Me no likey unity, me likey gnome-fallback.

Just Joined!
    I was writing a long reply that got erased..

Ok so do you see blank panels? or no panels at all?

In case of blank panels, you'd need to add the missing applets as you mentioned by pressing on the panel: command key(windows key)+alt+right mouse click, and choose add to panel to add all the missing applets.

If you don't see any panels, launch the terminal by pressing: ctrl+alt+t and type: gnome-panel.
    Now if the panels came back by doing so, then the gnome classic/fallback menu probably was erased from the autostart file. In that case it's easy to put the entry for the menu back into autostart
    but tell us if there's any luck so far launching it via command line before we go on