Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am a gamer so I found out I can connect a wired Xbox 360 controller fairly easily to a computer running linux by plugging it in. But when I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Xbox 360 Wired Controller

I am a gamer so I found out I can connect a wired Xbox 360 controller fairly easily to a computer running linux by plugging it in. But when I plug it in the USB port (any of the 4) the mouse immediately goes up to the top right of the screen and stays there until I unplug it. Is there something I didn't do any drivers to install? Anything?

here is a screen capture of when I tried to calibrate it with jstest. Notice the mouse in the top corner. It just stays up there .Screenshot from 2013-07-10 12:46:28.jpg

First thought would be to rule out a faulty controller.
    Can you plug it into another pc or best: a xbox360?
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

It works with both my Xbox and my moms laptop with Windows running on it. It also turns on when plugged into my desktop that runs ubuntu but since it is out of date I can't use it for anything now. My main computer is the only one I have with this issue.

It's also worth noting that I have 2 of the controllers and both do the same thing to the mouse.