Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By adnan360
Hi everyone. From the name, you all can tell I am new to Linux. I have one machine that is currently Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. However, I also have a Gateway ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Bodhi vs EasyPeasy

Hi everyone. From the name, you all can tell I am new to Linux. I have one machine that is currently Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. However, I also have a Gateway Netbook with 1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 Processor, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive. So my question is Bodhi or Easy Peasy?

Just Joined!
    I never used EasyPeasy. But used Bodhi. It is super fast in low resource computers, even with effects turned on. I have also searched from screenshots on google and it definitely looks better than Bodhi. And the interface seems to be designed for notebooks. So EasyPeasy should also be good for you. ...As long as you have 1gb RAM and 1ghz cpu I think any distro will run ok.
    rokytnji likes this.

Download both. Put on a pendrive. Drive em around for a bit. You choose. It is just time spent. Heck. You might learn something.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    Download both. Put on a pendrive. Drive em around for a bit. You choose. It is just time spent. Heck. You might learn something.
    That is what I am doing now, when I have time. And I know there are some usability differences from a pendrive and a full install. In particular, speed. So far I am leaning towards Bodhi. I like the fact that I can pick my programs from the start through their appcenter.

EasyPeasy Is definitely easy... but the interface just has a child-like feel to it and it is loaded with all sorts of things that I do not need. However, I would not hesitate putting it on my 7 year old's laptop.

Just wasn't sure if anyone had any extended experience with the two, which one was the preferences (at least for them) and why.

I will switch between the two for a while as my daily drivers, just to see. Nevertheless, all advice is welcome!

Ditto, get a 4-8GB USB drive(SanDisk makes some pretty fast ones) and use UNetbootin to make a "Live" USB of each and then give em' a test drive. I tried Bodhi and it didn't detect my WiFi and also didn't feel as good to me as Ubuntu 12.04LTS. So far I'm a hopeless Ubuntu user, LOL. Hey, what can I say, it works, is easy to add too and has a great intuitive feel to it.