Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to save the content of a dynamic generated webpage in a text file for further processing from a bash script under Linux. I`m not interested in the source ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

"save as" in firefox from bash script

I want to save the content of a dynamic generated webpage in a text file for further processing from a bash script under Linux. I`m not interested in the source code; all I want is the output of that page to be saved locally (correspondes to Strg+S in firefox). I tried wget, curl... and all that stuff - but this saved only the static part of the page.
    Is there a simple way to save this in a file from command line using firefox or any other browser ?

Linux User
    I don't see any command line arguments to firefox that seem to apply.

I don't use firefox, but I know that even when I do a "Save As..." in opera, it still only saves the static elements, not the entirety of the page, ads and all.

Does it work the way you would like when you load the page manually in firefox and click "Save As..."?

Just Joined!

Yes - that works

and I can't find a way to do that from the script

Quote Originally Posted by Miven View Post
    I don't see any command line arguments to firefox that seem to apply.

I don't use firefox, but I know that even when I do a "Save As..." in opera, it still only saves the static elements, not the entirety of the page, ads and all.

Does it work the way you would like when you load the page manually in firefox and click "Save As..."?