Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm wanting to print a full size image (I often do airbrush work) to trace so I can make a stencil. The problem is, whenever I print a image, the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Printing full sized image???

I'm wanting to print a full size image (I often do airbrush work) to trace so I can make a stencil. The problem is, whenever I print a image, the printer automotically shrinks to fit. If I change it back to 100%, the image is cut. I'd like to be able to print an image (perhaps instead of trying to cram it all on one page, I could do four pages, each containing 25% of the image).

I know with windows I could (if need be) cut the image into splices using paint, but even that is impractical. Any suggestions?

Perhaps I program I can use? Thanks.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    It depends upon the printer. Some allow printing images to the edge of the paper, and others don't. What make/model of printer are you using, and what size of image are you trying to print? FWIW, I have a large format Epson printer that can print to the edge of 8x10 photo paper.

FWIW, the printer properties tool for my epson 1400 lets me set the "Shrink Page..." option to "Expand (use maximum page area" - letting me print to the paper edge.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

The term you are looking for is "Full Bleed", that will print to the edges.

Need more info about your printer and printer drivers. Not really an OS problem, but a function of your printer and drivers.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    It depends upon the printer. Some allow printing images to the edge of the paper, and others don't. What make/model of printer are you using, and what size of image are you trying to print? FWIW, I have a large format Epson printer that can print to the edge of 8x10 photo paper.

FWIW, the printer properties tool for my epson 1400 lets me set the "Shrink Page..." option to "Expand (use maximum page area" - letting me print to the paper edge.
    hpdeskjet f4440