Find the answer to your Linux question:
How do I get xrdp to work form windows to lubuntu? I have it working from lubuntu to windows7. I just installed aptitude install xrdp but it will not go ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

How do I get xrdp to work form windows to lubuntu

How do I get xrdp to work form windows to lubuntu? I have it working from lubuntu to windows7. I just installed aptitude install xrdp but it will not go from windows 7 to lubuntu.

Just Joined!

Gain access

I think the first thing you want to do is to see if the service is running on the machine with the correct port

Code:
    service xrdp status # verifies if the daemon is running

or 

lsof -iTCP:3389 -P -s TCP:Listen # This lists if the port is available

or 

netstat -nltp | grep -i 3389 # Does the same
    If the ports are available, and you cannot get to the ports it is usually one of two things, the firewall is blocking the port or apparmor/Selinux is not allowing it because it does not recognize it as a valid application.

Run this code

Code:
    iptables -L -n --line-numbers | more
    This lists the firewall rules, if you have INPUT chain in one of the rules, I would suggest adding a line item to open the port:

Code:
    iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp -m multiport --dport 3389 -m state --state NEW -s <ip subnet> -d <ip subnet> -j ACCEPT

for example:

iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp -m multiport --dport 3389 -m state --state NEW -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 192.168.1.0/24 -j ACCEPT # keeps communication on the same subnet
    Let me know if this helps you.

Todd