Find the answer to your Linux question:
We're running EdUbuntu 12.04 with LTSP on about 40 school pcs and would like to have a local "web page" as a landing page for school announcements, events etc. The ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

PXE Boot To Apache Localhost

We're running EdUbuntu 12.04 with LTSP on about 40 school pcs and would like to have a local "web page" as a landing page for school announcements, events etc.

The clients all boot into the network using PXE and currently all land on a login page

Is it possible before the login to have a network boot to a localhost html page and have the login, then, on that page?

If not possible before the login, is it posible to have every user's login open to Firefox and have the default page be preset
    to our localhost school page?

Linux Guru
    Is it possible before the login to have a network boot to a localhost html page and have the login, then, on that page?
    I'm not sure what you are asking here and how it would be different/better/worse than what you now have.
    The second question, yes. How depends upon what Desktop Environment you are using in Edubuntu. Gnome2, gnome3, something else? The link below has some information which should be useful. There should be a hidden .config file in each users home folder, details in the link:

Start Script when Gnome Starts Up - Stack Overflow

It should be similar to KDE which I use. There is a hidden .kde directory and in it an autostart directory and you can put scripts there which then run on boot. A simple bash script to open firefox:

#!/bin/bash
    /usr/bin/firefox

Save it with whatever name you want to the appropriate autostart file, make it executable. You would then go to Firefox and in Edit, Preferences set your start page on the server as the home page. I'm not sure this is what you want? If not, more details.