Find the answer to your Linux question:
can't see anywhere on google any utility such as gzip lzop bzip2 or similar. I'm baffled, it's so tremendously better in speed than all... and I can't find it as ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

lz4 utility anybody ? to be used such as lzop, gzip, bzip2 and piping.

can't see anywhere on google any utility such as gzip lzop bzip2 or similar.
    I'm baffled, it's so tremendously better in speed than all... and I can't find it as apt-cache search or anywhere...
    what am I missing ?
    nobody started a new project to pipe in and out to lz4 ???
    for instance dd if=/dev/sdb bs=512M | lz4 > image.lz4

please help !!!?

no I'm not looking for anything like 7zip setting the compression method, I'm looking for a PURE lz4 executable... linux style...

I'm almost ready to write it myself if nobody did already.

Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!

that ia source code not an executable

That is the official site. As I wrote I'm looking for an executable not the source code. I am looking for something I can pipe in and out to at a terminal. Perhaps officially downloading it from some apt-get source

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by acatto View Post
    That is the official site. As I wrote I'm looking for an executable not the source code. I am looking for something I can pipe in and out to at a terminal. Perhaps officially downloading it from some apt-get source
    There are at least 3 executable linked from this page.
    One for Windows, and 2 for Linux.

Just Joined!
    Apt-get install doesn't work as well as apt-search can't find it. It is listed as Ubuntu available but I can't see it or install it. Is it too new and not deemed official or stable yet? Is it on some other repository?

After poking around a bit, the page that I linked looks like the most likely source.
    And if it's not yet in the official repos, then installing from source would be the next best bet.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.