Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hallo there, I am a newbie in linux and I have a problem installing Samba4 in my ubuntu 13.10 distro. Eatch time that I install this trough the software center ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Samba4 installationubuntu 13.10

Hallo there,
    I am a newbie in linux and I have a problem installing Samba4 in my ubuntu 13.10 distro. Eatch time that I install this trough the software center or directly through the command line I have an error at the end when samba4 need to be configured.Any suggestions??

ERROR(ldb): uncaught exception - operations error at ../source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/rootdse.c:501
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 175, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/dbcheck.py", line 108, in run
    fix=fix, yes=yes, quiet=quiet, in_transaction=started_transaction)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/dbchecker.py", line 62, in __init__
    self.ntds_dsa = samdb.get_dsServiceName()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/samdb.py", line 856, in get_dsServiceName
    res = self.search(base="", scope=ldb.SCOPE_BASE, attrs=["dsServiceName"])
    dpkg: error processing samba4 (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 255

Linux Newbie
    Hello Greg Mazarakis. Thank you for writing and happy new year. As per online research, it appears to be an apt-get error as found here.

There seems to be a temprary solution that apparently solves the error code above, but provides a new one. I do not know the same will happen to you.

This is the command the person on the second post of the previous link has typed
    Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/insserv/insserv /sbin/insserv
    Hope it helps and it does not provide you with a new error code. =)

PS: For better understanding and reading of the topics, please enclose terminal quotes or other command input between [ c o d e ] and [/ c o d e ] (removing spaces inside the brackets, I wrote it like this so forum does not interpret it as the actual BBCode).