Find the answer to your Linux question:
I would like to have services that access resources that are decrypted before said services start. Ie, I want encrypted directories served by apache or the data dir of postgresql ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Execute script on login shell end (namely lightdm and ssh) or decrypt

I would like to have services that access resources that are decrypted before said services start. Ie, I want encrypted directories served by apache or the data dir of postgresql to be encrypted.

Considering this I have the following functionalities I am interested in:

1. I would like decrypt a container on boot with a password prompt so that the services can be started subsequent to that. Will the boot be successfully interrupted by a prompt for input if one were to add such an prompting executable to the runlevel? Does a shell even exist for such a prompt at boot?

2. Another functionality that has value disparately from the specified goal (as it is a fundamentally incorrect implementation because one cannot run dedicated services from a permanently logged in shell) would be:

How does one specify a script to be run on shut down of login shells for a user? Ie, start services from .profile and stop them from a script that automatically runs on exit from the lightdm-session and other shell login sessions, namely ssh.

Your question 2 may be solved by using restrictrd shell. Search for rsh .

Dont get consfuse .rsh comes for remote server abd as well as restricted shell.

Search for restricted shell.

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk