Find the answer to your Linux question:
First: I do have to work on very large unclean data set under Ubuntu and I will like to come up with the way to clean/formatted this data set; to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Large data set management ubuntu/window

First: I do have to work on very large unclean data set under Ubuntu and I will like to come up with the way to clean/formatted this data set; to make it ready to be use; let say I would like to be able to rearrange it etc… Do you have any idea how to proceed with it while in Ubuntu? Thanks.

Second: I would like to link Ubuntu with my Desktop Personal Computer to be able to manage the unclean data set that has been stored on the storage space in the server. I do not have any access to the server. The only access I have is on the storage that is located on the server.

Window: in window, in order to access to this data set which is in the storage, I have to click the link inside the window and it map access directly to the drive. My question is: How can I access this data set using Ubuntu install as virtual Desktop on my personal computer? How many ways exist that you know that can help linking Ubuntu work space to Window workspace? Do I need to use a server for that? If yes, how? I am looking forward to any type of help. Thanks

Just Joined!
    This is incredibly vague. What kind of data? How is it formatted? Is it SQL? CSV? XML? 100 records? 1000000000000000 records?

Linux Newbie
    I agree. Please try to be a bit clearer.

Have you looked at Samba? I assume that you have a Windows PC that allows you access to a "share" on the Server. Is this right?

If so, you should be able to do the same on your Unbuntu box using the Samba client.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close