Find the answer to your Linux question:
My bike (Victory Vision, not that it matters) utilizes an iPod for onboard music (in addition to FM, etc). I used iTunes when I was running Windows to manage the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need iPod manager (Ubuntu 12.04 & 5th gen iPod Nano)

My bike (Victory Vision, not that it matters) utilizes an iPod for onboard music (in addition to FM, etc). I used iTunes when I was running Windows to manage the music on the iPod. What manager can I use to do the same now that I'm on Linux? I've heard that gtkpod won't work in 12.04 and that Amarok is buggy with the new(er) iPods although I haven't bothered to try either one of them.

What manager can I use?

I don't think there is anything that will manage and iDevice, there are app's that can downloand and play apple ACC music. After working for Mac software companies Apple can be a major pain to deal with. One product we had Apple went out of its way to break it with every release and force us to put out patches. Apple attitube is if we wanted you to do that we would do it ourselves.

What management do you want? You can transfer music by just dragging and dropping, or via the command line with rsync or just cp. I have no idea how to download music from iTunes, I've never even considered using it for music.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close