Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have Ubuntu 12.04. How to download Windows 7 (ISO file from some computer site) to micro SD Adapter card ? Then I want to install Windows 7 on my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Downloading Windows 7 to micro SD card from Ubuntu 12.04

I have Ubuntu 12.04. How to download Windows 7 (ISO file from some computer site) to micro SD Adapter card ? Then I want to install Windows 7 on my computer.

Linux Guru
    First you pay microsoft or the site you are downloading from. Why download the iso file to an SD card, what difference will that make? Installing windows 7 or any other windows is something you would be better off asking at a windows forum. I'm not really clear on your intentions?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by yancek View Post
    First you pay microsoft or the site you are downloading from. Why download the iso file to an SD card, what difference will that make? Installing windows 7 or any other windows is something you would be better off asking at a windows forum. I'm not really clear on your intentions?
    I think downloading Windows from Ubuntu is different.

No, DLing windows is pretty much same / same no matter what your base platform is. If you've just put linux on it for the first time and you don't have a hard copy of doze on DVD then one of the cheapest ways to get a copy of doze that wll work only for that machine is to contact the manufacturer and get a windows "restore" DVD. And if you go in to the advanced options they can be used to set up a W/nix dually with *nix on the disk first. But you'll have to fix your bootloader afterwards. You can usually get restore DVDs for $15-20US. If you want to be able to install doze to multiple machines then you need to buy a full retail copy (not cheap).

And putting your doze installer on an SD card is a BAD idea! Most systems can't read SD cards until after an OS has been installed. I would highly suggest a DVD instead as all modern systems are designed to be able to boot from DVD.

And if this is your first go round at the rodeo then I'd suggest wiping the system, installing doze first and then *nix. It will save you some headaches b/c most *nix distros are smart enough to automagically set up a dually for you. Doze is not.

Note: Prior to late 2012, Windows 7 was available for individuals to purchase and download directly from the Microsoft Store. While this is still an option for Windows 8, it is, unfortunately, no longer possible for Windows 7.
    Note: If you have a Windows 7 disc, and are only trying to download Windows 7 because you need to install it on your computer which does not have an optical drive, there is a way to get the installation files from your DVD onto a flash drive. See How To Install Windows 7 From USB for instructions.
    Otherwise. You are SOL because of forum rules.

Other Windows 7 Downloads

Any other "free" Windows 7 download you come across online is most certainly illegal, including Windows 7 ISO files obtained via torrents or directly from other websites or servers. Aside from legal issues, these Windows 7 downloads, unlike the official ones from Digital River, run the risk of being something other than advertised.

For example, many Windows 7 images available on torrent sites and from other unofficial sources are "cracked" versions of Windows 7, meaning they've been modified for various reasons... and may also include built-in malware. Best to avoid a situation like that.
    PS. The English links don't work so I don't expect the others to also.

http://www.w7forums.com/threads/offi...wnloads.12325/

Thеѕе аrе NOT illegal – Thеѕе аrе јυѕt thе download links fοr Windows 7 SP1 ISO whісh іѕ a retail wrap thаt offers a 30-day trial period. Yου need tο activate уουr Windows afterwards wіth a genuine license activation key tο continue using іt. Downloading thеѕе files frοm Digital River іѕ absolutely legal аnԁ completely free οf charge.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home