Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I am new to this forums and I wasn't sure where to get help for this so I went here. I am running Xbunutu 14.04 and installed Kwin to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question (Xbuntu) Suspension problem after installing Kwin

Hello I am new to this forums and I wasn't sure where to get help for this so I went here.

I am running Xbunutu 14.04 and installed Kwin to get desktops effects and overall its all working great and makes my desktop look really nice.

However I am having bad suspension problems I did not have before. I close the lid of my laptop and it goes into suspension of course as I set it so in the power manager. But then when I open it again the screen is black and their is no way to get back to my computer other then turning it off.

Anyone has a idé on how I can fix it? or who I should report it to xfce project or kwin project?

I am running a EasyNote TE69KB with a AMD Dual Core Processor E1-2500 and a AMD Radeon HD 8240 with AMD fglrx drivers.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What happens if you uninstall Kwin? Does it return to proper operation? In any case, I would post your problem/question on the Xubuntu forums to see if others have seen this problem.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I used to do the same which gave me all sorts of strange little problems until I found that I had to make settings changes in two places. One for Xfce and one for KDE. I think (it's been a while) that the KDE settings were buried under the settings menu.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent