Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Dropbear connection failure with Linux simulator

I am trying to do remote debugging of a Qt application running in a linux simulator from my Ubuntu PC. When I try to connect the simulation IP over ssh from Qt creator, the device test connection always fails with connection timeout error. But ssh connection to Linux simulator is successful from my Ubuntu terminal.

Later I read from some of the posts where it was mentioned to try with dropbear. Installed dropbear in my simulator and when connected from Qt creator in ubuntu ,the device Connection is successful. But the Connection is successful only with one version of Simulator and always fails with a specific version (company specific )of Simulator. I have two questions

1. Are there are any special libraries or binaries required for dropbear which I am missing in my rootfs of ( not working version of Linux simulator) . Tried various options but in vain

Quote Originally Posted by Veepee View Post
    I am trying to do remote debugging of a Qt application running in a linux simulator from my Ubuntu PC.
    i mean c'mon, even that first sentence makes zero sense...
    tell us something real.
    this is NOT a hollywood hacker movie...
    I am not a "Linux Guru"! Get off me! The Forum software won't let me change it!
    How to ask smart questions | Don't be a Help Vampire | How to Use Code Tags
    You can post a link by removing "http://www." from it.