Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Ubuntu general question

I have used Ubuntu since it's inception and have always liked it but now something has happened that worries me. I read that it was purchased by Facebook. Is this true? If so I may change to another distro. Why? Because I believe Ubuntu will be loaded with spyware for the purpose of marketing. I don't have a FB account and don't want one. I've read too many bad things about it. Does anyone know for sure about the sale? Does anyone have an opinion about what might happen to Ubuntu if FB takes it over?

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by trailertrash View Post
    I have used Ubuntu since it's inception and have always liked it but now something has happened that worries me. I read that it was purchased by Facebook. Is this true? If so I may change to another distro. Why? Because I believe Ubuntu will be loaded with spyware for the purpose of marketing. I don't have a FB account and don't want one. I've read too many bad things about it. Does anyone know for sure about the sale? Does anyone have an opinion about what might happen to Ubuntu if FB takes it over?
    google broken where you live? can you not look this up for yourself?

-->
    Lol.

they are on to you; don't tell them whonsent you.

Burn after reading

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

$spacer_open
$spacer_close