Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to install ubuntu linux on my computer while i have windows on. I burned the iso to a cd and I set up my computer to boot from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem with wireless mouse

I'm trying to install ubuntu linux on my computer while i have windows on. I burned the iso to a cd and I set up my computer to boot from cd first. Problem is that my wireless mouse and keyboard only work when the drivers are started and they are only started when windows starts. I havn't looked that hard for an install button on the cd but I didn't really know if there would be one or not. If anybody could help me here I would much appericiate it.

Thanks, Rubiks14

Just Joined! aninnocentbystander's Avatar
    well, when you boot up ubuntu there is a configuration tool that can help with your mouse, but until then I don't know what to tell you. Is it possible to get ubuntu loaded up to the desktop?

Just Joined!
    It doesn't sound like there's any way around it. If the CD doesn't have the right drivers, you won't be able to install from it. You could buy a really cheap keyboard, like dirt cheap, use it to install Ubuntu and the wireless drivers, and then you'd be fine.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined! aninnocentbystander's Avatar

oops...

sorry, I only saw the wireless mouse issue. Well, as stated above, buying a cheap keyboard & mouse isnt really a bad idea, here are some cheap but not junk products that will hopefully help you along

-keyboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823126170

-mouse:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104181

hope that helps.