Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've downloaded a few extra themes for AMOR, but I can't seem to find where I should install them. All the installation instructions say just to extract to the KDE ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Amusing Misuse Of Resources

I've downloaded a few extra themes for AMOR, but I can't seem to find where I should install them. All the installation instructions say just to extract to the KDE folder (in my Suse install it's /opt/kde3/apps/amor). In Ubuntu I think this would be ~/.kde/apps/amor but there's no amor folder and I can't find any such folder on the filesystem. Does anyone know where I should extract these files?

you can try just creating the ~/.kde/amor folder and putting it there. also, try looking in /usr/share/kde or something along those lines for where KDE keeps its files. SuSE puts them all in a different place =/
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

The /opt or /usr path is for system wide changes, for all users. Putting it in a ~/.kde...... directory is just for your user. If you aren't sure try using locate to find it -
    Code:
    sudo updatedb && locate amor

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I've tried dropping the files in ~/.kde/apps/amor and the program doesn't recognize them...

Oh wait: I just looked at the package in Synaptic and the files are in /usr/share/apps/amor

Why didn't these folders show up in the GUI search (or using locate)?