Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK im a complete newbie with anything to do with Linux, so please dont flame. I downloaded kubuntu erased my hard drive completly (dont want to keep windows) and installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Thumbs up Kubuntu X server help! (Solved)

OK im a complete newbie with anything to do with Linux, so please dont flame. I downloaded kubuntu erased my hard drive completly (dont want to keep windows) and installed it, it installed 100% sucsessfly. SO i reboot select kubuntu on the Grub menu and it loads then prompts for username\password i do that and then type startx it then gives me an error Fatal server error: no screens found im really upset about this and i have to use a slax live cd just to go on the internet, so if any one can help i would really like that. O ya here is my graphics card eVGA e-GeForce MX4000
    Last edited by cookie12243; 05-14-2006 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Solved

Check this Ubuntu/Kubuntu specific NVIDIA proprietary drivers HOW-TO:
    http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=75074
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

thanks for the info ill reply back if it works

hey i got it working but not by that but i disabled my card through the bios and then turned on my on-board intel card. but i thank you for the fast reply and help ill try to configure my Nvidia card later