Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
It may be worth looking at your /etc/network/interfaces file.There may be an entry along the lines:- auto lo eth0 eth1 The system will attempt to bring up any interfaces in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ndiswrapper

It may be worth looking at your /etc/network/interfaces file.There may be an entry along the lines:-

auto lo eth0 eth1 The system will attempt to bring up any interfaces in this list at startup.

There may also be an entry along the lines:-
    allow-hotplug eth1 I believe that this identifies the interface and allows it to be started .... but you would still need to enter the relevant commands manually to actually bring the interface up.

My interfaces file (which decsribes a belkin pci card not a pcmia card) includes the following

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
    wireless-essid mysecretname
    wireless-keymode open
    wireless-key 123456789abc123456789abc12
    wireless-mode managed
    auto wlan0

(Obviously I changed my essid and wireless key!)

Provided all the information is available in this file then the interface can be brought up via the ifup command

Neil

Well, according to the instructions you gave me for the broadcom chipset, you need to have an internet connection, using ethernet for a direct connection, buy my laptop doesn't have an ethernet port, so I cannot, so I was going to use a dongle, but I suppose the dongle would need drivers and installation as well, but would a universal plug and play dongle still need configuration for it to work?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3