Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Hi again. I still can't get the MP3 sound in GNOME but they run when I use KDE using differeent applications. As I downloaded KDE instead of installing from a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Hi again.

I still can't get the MP3 sound in GNOME but they run when I use KDE using differeent applications. As I downloaded KDE instead of installing from a CD Rom, maybe there's files mising in GNOME? If that's true, then maybe just downloading a newer version of UBUNTU and doing a clean install would be the best option? Or, I get an alert in GNOME abount updates, I could try letting them install, what do you think is best?

Thanks,

Martin
    LINUX: Where do you want to go.......Tomorrow!

Registered Linux user 396633

Well, Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 got out this week and you are still Hoary 5.04.

I would try something newer yes.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    Follow the directions here: http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/mountwindows and you will be mounting all your partitions in no time!

Also...

in order for you to install 'firestarter', you will need to enable 'Universe/Multiverse' repo's in your /etc/apt/sources.list...

then run 'sudo apt-get update' and then go to 'adept or synaptic' package manager, hit 'Ctrl F' and enter 'firestarter' in the search field.

Good Luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2