Find the answer to your Linux question:
ive been trying to instal ubuntu but i have run into 2 problems wich i think are related.... the first was durring instalation when i was trying to resize my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

disk error

ive been trying to instal ubuntu but i have run into 2 problems wich i think are related....
    the first was durring instalation when i was trying to resize my ntfs partition.....it gave me an error and wholdnt let me resize.....so then i whent back in to windows ran defrag a couple of times and also ran chek disk
    after that i put back in the ubuntu cd a booted up...but insted of the live cd version coming up i got an error that looked somthing like this...

Buffer I/O disk error on device dm-o

And it whould keep repeating it With nubers ant the beging and end...the nubers at the end started at what seemed like a random number but kept going up one each time
    something like thiss...

Buffer I/O disk error on device dm-o 1632591
    Buffer I/O disk error on device dm-o 1632592
    Buffer I/O disk error on device dm-o 1632593
    Buffer I/O disk error on device dm-o 1632594
    Buffer I/O disk error on device dm-o 1632595
    (just an example)
    this whould keep on going
    After that just to chek i put in another live CD (Knoppix i think) and it loded fine...but when i tried to resize my partition with qtparted it whould just crash while getting info on the device....even before i tried to change anythig.

other than these 2 problems there has been nothing elce wrong with my hard drive

If some one could please help me figure this out it whould be greatly apriciated

Just Joined!
    just to add after dm-0 its says..logical block and the nubers at the end are 16063421
    so it actualy looks like

Buffer I/O disk error on device dm-o, logical block 16063421
    Buffer I/O disk error on device dm-o, logical block 16063422
    Buffer I/O disk error on device dm-o, logical block 16063423

hope this gives a little more info